Knights of the Brick Republic

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Review Guidelines

Brickdoctor
    Brickdoctor
    Technical Admin
    Technical Admin

Review Guidelines Empty Review Guidelines

Post  Brickdoctor Fri May 06, 2011 11:50 am

A Step-by-Step Guide to Posting Reviews

1. Create a new topic. Do not post a review of your own in someone else's review.
    2. Choose a topic title. This is the easy part - use the set name, including the set number, as your title. (e.g., 6212 X-wing Fighter)
    3. Add a poll. This option can be found after Message Information when you post a new topic. Click 'Open poll form' to get started. This poll should offer choices for other members to rate the set, normally on a scale of 1-5. Make sure the poll is never-ending.
    4. Write your review. This is the part I can't help you on. Refer to the Tips section if you need some pointers.

Tips for a Stand-Out Review

• Use quality images. Nothing makes a review harder to read than blurry, dark, or tinted photos. Photo-less reviews are allowed, but they are much less enjoyable for most members. If you do include images, make sure they are no larger than 800x600, as per forum guidelines. Post links to larger images if you have to.
    • Use a clear rating system. Choose carefully how you present your ratings.
    • Use humor. Reviews can be very long and sometimes very critical. Break it up with some funny comments here and there. I like to end my reviews with a short comic about the set.
    • Be descriptive. Compare the set to other sets. Compare the set to reference material. Link to other resources. The more information, the better, but choose relevant information posting in the review itself. Link to anything that might not be so important.
    Fallenangel
    Fallenangel
    Reference Moderator
    Reference Moderator

Review Guidelines Empty Re: Review Guidelines

Post  Fallenangel Tue May 10, 2011 5:16 pm

Since we're writing reviews "from a different point of view than most", how would a KOTBR review compare to, say, a Eurobricks review?
    Brickdoctor
    Brickdoctor
    Technical Admin
    Technical Admin

Post  Brickdoctor Wed May 11, 2011 10:32 am

fallenangel327 wrote:Since we're writing reviews "from a different point of view than most", how would a KOTBR review compare to, say, a Eurobricks review?
    It could be the same, but mostly I expect it would have more emphasis on the parts value and accuracy of the set.
    Fallenangel
    Fallenangel
    Reference Moderator
    Reference Moderator

Post  Fallenangel Wed May 11, 2011 4:05 pm

Brickdoctor wrote: It could be the same, but mostly I expect it would have more emphasis on the parts value and accuracy of the set.

Parts and accuracy, huh. Something akin to this then?
    Brickdoctor
    Brickdoctor
    Technical Admin
    Technical Admin

Post  Brickdoctor Wed May 11, 2011 5:11 pm

fallenangel327 wrote:
    Parts and accuracy, huh. Something akin to this then?
    That would work well.
    Triangle Man
    Triangle Man
    Brick Fiddler
    Brick Fiddler

Post  Triangle Man Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:00 am

I have a question. Do I have to have a camera to make a review as I own a lot of sets bu I have no camera or a camera phone??
    Brickdoctor
    Brickdoctor
    Technical Admin
    Technical Admin

Post  Brickdoctor Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:37 am

Triangle Man wrote:I have a question. Do I have to have a camera to make a review as I own a lot of sets bu I have no camera or a camera phone??
    It'll make your review a lot better if you do have pictures, but you don't have to.
    Fallenangel
    Fallenangel
    Reference Moderator
    Reference Moderator

Post  Fallenangel Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:39 am

Brickdoctor wrote:
    It'll make your review a lot better if you do have pictures, but you don't have to.

Not only that, but people will be more inclined to read through it when there are pictures.
    Triangle Man
    Triangle Man
    Brick Fiddler
    Brick Fiddler

Post  Triangle Man Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:48 am

Brickdoctor wrote:
    Triangle Man wrote:I have a question. Do I have to have a camera to make a review as I own a lot of sets bu I have no camera or a camera phone??

Now I have found out what LDD is could I use that coupled with Photos of the box etc?
    I will try find a cheap camera but I haven't managed to yet.
    Brickdoctor
    Brickdoctor
    Technical Admin
    Technical Admin

Post  Brickdoctor Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:01 am

Triangle Man wrote:
    Now I have found out what LDD is could I use that coupled with Photos of the box etc?
    I will try find a cheap camera but I haven't managed to yet.
    You could. If you really can't take photos, you could do that and use pics of the box found online. (as long as you give proper credit) It won't be as good as a full-fledged pictorial review, but it's better than a text-only review.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 16, 2024 2:12 am